The Office of the Registrar is committed to serving each student based on his or her individual needs while here at BMCC.  The Registrar's Office is responsible for all aspects of student registration and academic records. The office's primary functions include registration, grades processing, transcript processing, custodianship of student records and ensuring compliance with FERPA policy.  The Office of the Registrar also examines incoming official transcripts for evaluation of transfer credits. You may contact the office in person, by telephone or email.

Academic Probation

Undergraduate students with a cumulative BMCC GPA below 2.0 will be placed on academic probation for the next semester and a probationary statement will be noted in the students’ record. A student will be removed from academic probation when their cumulative grade point average is 2.00 or better. 

A student on academic probation must either raise their cumulative grade point average to at least 2.00 the following semester or achieve and maintain a current semester grade point average of 2.00 or better each semester until they are removed from probation.

Dual Enrollment Program

This program provides an opportunity for high school juniors and seniors to earn college credit while still attending high school.  Students who would like to pursue dual enrollment must check with their high school principal or guidance counselor for eligibility guidelines and dual enrollment information.

Dual Enrollment is only available for online classes and the student must have completed the highest level course offering at their high school before applying. Dual enrollment is not intended to replace any high school offerings and the high school superintendent/principal must sign off on the application and agree to pay the expenses for taking the course.

To print a copy of the Dual Enrollment application, please click here.

Please complete and send the application to:

Bay Mills Community College

Office of Admissions

12214 W. Lakeshore Drive

Brimley, MI 49715

Guest Student

Students enrolled at another institution and planning to continue at that institution may be admitted to Bay Mills Community College as guest students. Students assume full responsibility for checking to determine that the courses taken at Bay Mills Community College will transfer to the program of study being pursued at their home institution.


Official Transcripts

Official transcripts of a student’s academic record will be sent to properly authorized individuals or organizations with a valid written request from the student.  A fee of $10.00 is charged for each transcript issued.

Payments can be made via credit card (accept Visa, Mastercard & Discover) by calling Wade Teeple at (906) 248-8421 or;

Personal checks and money orders can be sent to:

Bay Mills Community College
ATTN: Cashier
12214 W. Lakeshore Drive
Brimley, MI 49715

Transcripts will not be released to students who have outstanding bills or who have overdue books or fines owed to the Library.

*We do not participate in Docufide due to the fact that our official transcripts have a raised seal.


Transfer of Credits

Bay Mills Community College will accept transfer credits from other accredited institutions within the following guidelines:

  • An evaluation will only be conducted from an official transcript.  An official transcript bears the appropriate signatures and seals and is mailed directly from the issuing institution to BMCC. 

*Transfer credit evaluations are done upon request and students must declare a major. Evaluations will be done by the registrar by providing Official College Transcripts.
    • Courses completed with a “C” grade (2.0) or higher will be accepted with the exception of certain English and Computer courses. These are addressed in the following two sections.

    • English Composition courses that are more than five years old will be accepted only upon the student’s successful completion of a departmental exam.  Students who have attained a bachelor’s degree are exempt from the departmental exam.

    • Computer Science courses that are more than three years old will be accepted only with the student’s successful completion of a departmental exam.

    • Courses which are not equivalent to BMCC courses but are in a discipline may be accepted as elective credits.

    • Credits, not grades, are transferred for “C” or better courses.  Grades from transfer courses are not included when calculating the BMCC cumulative grade point average.

    • Transfer credits will be shown on the student’s academic record and will be counted when determining satisfactory academic progress for federal financial aid.

    • Transfer of credit toward any certificate or degree program will be limited to 40 percent of the total number of credit hours for that program.


    Withdrawal from a Course

    Course withdrawal is official only upon completion of the Course Withdrawal Form. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal. No withdrawal will be processed based upon a phone call. To properly withdraw from your courses requires completion of the course Withdrawal Form. Students officially withdrawing from a course after the first ten days of the semester will have their permanent record marked with a "W" for withdrawal.


    Grade Reports

    Grade reports are issued at the end of each semester or session of enrollment. Reports document grades, hours attempted, hours completed, honor points and GPA. Grade reports will not be released to students with outstanding financial obligations to BMCC.

    Transfer of Credits to other Institutions

    Transfer equivalencies differ from institution to institution. Therefore, students who wish to transfer to another college or university should plan their course of study accordingly. Although students will be assisted by their academic advisors and the Registrar in this process, they must assume responsibility for meeting the requirements of the college or university in which they plan to enroll. 

    Withdrawal from College

    Students discontinuing their studies at Bay Mills Community College during the academic year must complete the official Withdrawal Form. Students leaving college without completing the withdrawal form will receive a grade of "F" for all courses. NOTE: Withdrawal from college, after receiving federal financial aid funding, may have an adverse effect on your future eligibility for funding.